Saturday, June 5, 2010

Craft Hope and the Gulf Coast

I've been trying to stay away from looking at the images of oil-soaked animals from the Gulf Coast. The few I've seen have been utterly heart-wrenching. And without having a way to help, looking at those images make me feel so hopeless.



Enter Craft Hope and project 8. Finally, there is something I (we!) can do.

Craft Hope is organizing crafters from all over to make towels (washcloth and hand towel size) and get them in the hands of rescue workers cleaning oil off the animals.

If you feel so inclined, please consider making towels and sending them to Florida to aid the rescue effort.

And, if you want to help but don't have the time/energy/desire to make towels yourself, I'm currently collecting any old items you have that could be repurposed into towels.

Hunt through your closets and garages and dig out sheets, towels, plain t-shirts (even just plain on the back), etc. 100% cotton is best, but I'll take anything you think might work. They need the towels by the end of June, so contact me this week if you have anything you'd like me to take off your hands.

And let me know if you decide to send towels on your own!

No comments:

Post a Comment